Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

~ Licenses and Permits ~

Building Permits:


Building permits within the City of Millwood city limits are issued by the City of Millwood.  Plan reviews and inspections are performed by Spokane County Building and Planning under a contract with the City.


     Building Permit Application         Building Permit Instructions

Planning Permits:

     Temporary Sign Permit   Temporary Sign Instructions

     Temporary Use Permit with Instructions 

     Fence Permit

     Conditional Use Permit

     Zoning Variance

     Shoreline Substantial Development Permit


Pet Licenses:


Dogs          Spayed/Neutered $5.00  Not Spayed/Neutered $25.00

Cats           Spayed/Neutered $5.00  Not Spayed/Neutered $25.00

County Surcharge per license for Spay-Neuter program:  $4.00


The City of Millwood has adopted the Spokane County Animal Control ordinance.  Click here to link to the County Code.


Business Licenses:


Millwood business licenses are required for businesses located in Millwood.  "Business" means any kind of vocation, occupation, profession, trade, enterprise, establishment, industry, or commercial venture which occupies or maintains a location or site within the city, for more than fourteen (14) days per calendar year, for the purpose of managing, manufacturing, selling, distributing, storing or providing products, goods or services or any other kind of activity that is conducted for profit or pecuniary benefit.


The City has partnered with Washington State Business Licensing Service to provide a more convenient process for obtaining a Millwood business license.  Clicking on the following link will take you to the Master License Center's website.

Business Licensing Service for City Licenses


Millwood business licenses can still be purchased at the city hall.


The cost for the business license is $20.00 per calendar year.


For more information click on "City Ordinances" on the left and go to Chapter 5.02 Business License Requirements and Fees.


Public Works Permits

Right of Way Permit Application

Tree Permit Application   Tree Permit Instructions