City Links

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

DSCN0111_Dalton_August_640_copyPlanning and Building is responsible for administering the Comprehensive Plan, and the zoning, subdivision, environmental and building codes for the City of Millwood.


What is happening...


GMA Update:

Click here to go to the webpage for the 2017 GMA-required update of the Millwood Comprensive Plan


The Planning Commission is accepting applications for proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan. Click here for more information.

Permits and Land Use Applications:

Go to the Licenses and Permits Page

Planning Commission:


The Millwood Planning Commission consists of five volunteer citizens appointed by the mayor.  The commission’s regular meeting is the last Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers.  The Planning Commission is an advisory body to the city council and reviews conditional use permits, variances, subdivisions and other land use applications assigned to it.  The commission also reviews proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and the development regulations which implement the plan including the zoning, environmental, and subdivision chapters in the Millwood Municipal Code.


Building Permits:


Building permits within the City of Millwood city limits are issued by the City of Millwood.  The City Planner serves as the Building Official.  Plan reviews and inspections are performed by Spokane County Building and Planning under a contract with the City.

       Spokane Regional Clean Air -- Asbestos Requirements

Code Enforcement:


The City’s code enforcement officer is responsible for enforcement of the zoning code including unlawful occupancies, signs and other uses regulated in the code.  Complaints may be submitted by clicking on the “Contact Us” button at the top of the page, or by calling City Hall at (509) 924-0960.



Millwood Comprehensive Plan

Zoning Map (Ord. 471, February, 2015)


Planning Fee Schedule   

List of Comprehensive Plan Amendments and Development Regulation Amendments




Tom Richardson, City Planner

Phone:  (509) 924-0960

Fax:  (509) 927-2867

Email: Use the “Contact Us” button at the top of the page




External Links:


Growth Management Division, Washington State Department of Community Trade and Economic Development


Planning Association of Washington,


American Planning Association,






Smart Cities


Planners Web